Art Therapy & Counseling Services
- Provided AT NO COST to the participants
- Individual therapy sessions for children, teens, and adults
- Family therapy sessions
- Parent, teen, and child group therapy sessions
- Bereavement support groups for families, parents, siblings, children, or teens
- Services offered to families actively on treatment and those dealing with the physical and emotional after-effects of childhood cancer
The HIS KIDS Health Services Program was designed to better address the emotional needs of our families affected by childhood cancer.
These services are available, free of charge, to any of our families. This includes newly diagnosed families, families actively on treatment, bereaved families, and families dealing with the physical and emotional after-effects of childhood cancer.
Health Services will offer individual counseling to children on treatment, siblings, cancer survivors and their siblings, and parents. We offer family counseling for the families at any stage of childhood cancer. Group therapy sessions for cancer patients, cancer survivors, siblings, teens, and parents will be scheduled soon. Group size and frequency will depend on interest from our clients.
Sessions may include art therapy, counseling, or both. This combination will be based on the preferences of the individual client or family participating.
If you or any of your family members are interested in scheduling a session or getting more information on our Health Services program, please call the HIS KIDS office at 618-654-4020 or email our Health Services supervisor, Jayme Bellamy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.